Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chicken Spinach Quesadilla

This recipe has been one of my favorites...but of course in younger years I did not have all of the knowledge and so it wasn't as flavorful as now.

Play with the spices if you want to create more of one type of flavor if desired. I like much more garlic then that, I would double the recipe as well as marinate the chicken next time.

This was a fast meal, perfect for those extra unexpected guests as well as a long day and don't have time meal, which is more and more me.




Burrito size flower tortillas

Natural Monterey cheese

Filling

3 chopped chicken breasts

2 t minced garlic or more to taste

1 t chili powder

1 t cumin

1 t onion powder

1 T Texas Pete Chipotle Hot Sauce, or similar

1 T Texas Pete Extra Hot Sauce or favorite hot sauce

1 t Cajun or Creole seasoning

1 Cup frozen spinach or fresh according to taste


Mix all but spinach together in pan and fry on medium with a little bit of olive oil until it is done turn down a notch if needed and add ¼ cup water and spinach. Cook till soft.




Putting it together:

Grate natural Monterey cheese, enough to graciously cover the tortilla, and add chicken. Fry with vegetable oil until golden brown on each side and cheese is melted.

I made plate size or burrito size flower tortillas and this recipe makes 6 or 7 of them well stuffed. It made some amazing left-overs for future meals.


Let me know if you have any suggestions or if you tried it! I would love feedback!!

No comments:

Post a Comment