Friday, March 18, 2011

Very Strawberry Shake

So I decided to use my blender for the first time.




It was warm enough in the house and outside to finally have a shake and I was not going to pass the opportunity up! I found a recipe online and tweaked it a bit as the vanilla ice cream I bought to make these with got eaten before I was able to use it.....


1 cup of water

1/4 cup sugar

4 cups of ice

5 or 6 frozen or fresh strawberries

1/2 cup half and half (or milk)

1/2 t vanilla extract

1/2 t maple syrup

1/2 t lemon juice



Mix the water and sugar and let the sugar dissolve.

Mix every ingredient in blender until smooth.

This recipe will make about 2 smoothies.


Let me know if you make any changes to this recipe or have any other good ideas for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment