Sunday, April 3, 2011

Welcome to what Koolaid In A Wine Glass is

First off let me tell you the story of how I came up with this saying.

I was 25 years old and had grown up living in outdated homes, wearing hand me down clothes and a very neat and proper mother. I had also noticed over those years of growing up that some of the habits she pushed on me were habits of the rich and well off, something we were not.

It took me a few years of being on my own to finally grasp why she did certain things that made her feel classy. I had just moved in to my first nice house (nice being a flimsy term for needs work but has potential) and also had a nice car and started college for the first time. The kitchen was a mess, there were guests coming over, I looked like hell, and I was feeling like some first class trash.

I was looking to get a glass of something to drink and noticed with disdain that there was no clean glasses, except for the normally untouched wine glasses and the only thing there was to drink was the koolaid made earlier that day.

I found myself wishing very hard for a nice cold glass of wine, relaxing background music and a well prepared dinner in front of me. It was right then that I understood why people have a desire to keep that classiness in their lives. I took that wine glass, pored Koolaid into it and stood there in the midst of my disaster area, knowing that it is the little things in life that help us keep our composure.

My goal in this blog, my books and whatever else this takes off into, is to help the everyday woman (and men too if you so desire!) keep the calm beauty of a classy and effortless life that we all strive to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment